Microsoft SQL Server sa login is locked out
When too many failed attempts to login to the SQL Server 'sa' login account have been made, this account can get locked out. To unlock the account the following steps must be performed:
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio, and login using Windows integrated security.
2. Open a query window and run the following command:
ALTER LOGIN sa WITH PASSWORD = 'password' UNLOCK
To ensure the 'sa' account cannot be locked out again performthe following steps:
1. Expand the SQL Server node.
2. Expand the Security node.
3. Open the sa account properties under the security node.
4. Uncheck: Enforce password policy.
5. Click 'Ok' to save the changes.